Home       About Us       Salsa Store       Referral       Lifebooks       Recipes       Videos       Blog Headers

Saturday, February 22, 2014

“I HATE relaxing!”

That is the funny quote of the week from Ree. It’s a great quote to describe our fun, action-packed Arizona trip to see my little bro and his wife.

It was a great visit! We kicked things off with some scenic desert trail riding.

horsebackriding2

IMG_1108LRImmediately after the trail riding, super-SIL Jane and I hit the spa for fantastic massages. As I’m sure all of my, ahem, mature friends will agree, that decision was genius. New family rule: from this point forward, post-ride massages shall be mandatory for all adults.

In keeping with the western theme of the day, we grabbed some grub at Rustler’s Rooste. That place is a hoot. Long-horned bull in the front of the restaurant, fun headbands and cotton candy for the kiddos, delish t-bone steaks... Yeah it was a hit.

rustlersrooste2

Did a lot of other fun outdoorsy things, naturally. Hiking South Mountain, for one – dang, that preserve is just gorgeous.

IMG_1166IMG_1164LR-2

It wouldn’t be a proper family visit without some fierce backyard competitions. We started with corn hole and giant jenga:Backyard

And ended with late-night s’mores. Mmmm.IMG_1172LR

Thanks Bob and Jane for a wonderful time. We loved spending time with you in your beautiful desert playground.

PS: Thanks to Jane for the awesome trail-riding pics! I don’t have any of my own pics from that ride because my phone dropped in the toilet right before saddling up. Gah!

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/22/2014

    Looks like a lot of fun. I bet the girls were in heaven with the horse ridding. Giant Jenga looks great.

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/23/2014

    Bout time you posted! Was missing an update from th e Salsa family and wondering where you guys went :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psst. Your email account may have been hacked. I have received two dubious emails so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Johnny, when did you get the last one? All security settings/pword/etc were changed by TubaDad late on the 21st. If it's still happening (or happening for a second time) that is not good!

      Delete
  4. What a great family trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/24/2014

    Glad to finally know that all of you are ok. I was concerned. Looks like a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2/24/2014

    Glad to finally get an update for you. I have been so concerned. Looks like the Salsa family has enjoyed another fantastic trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2/24/2014

    To have their energy! And smores too! I love your blog for ideas for my toddler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2/24/2014

    May I suggest, for a future visit, that you check out The Children's Museum of Phoenix? It is interactive, very much a "Please touch" place.
    I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So love the cactus picture! Hilarious. Okay. So, I'll give Ree 15 -20 years to rethink the quote about relaxing! So cute. I am glad you got to have some massages. Looks like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like we were in town at the same time - though you were having much more fun than us! Hope to catch up with you all sooN!

    ReplyDelete

Please use the nicknames TubaDad, M3, Ro, and Ree instead of our full names in your comments. Cheers!